New recruits to RX North America can look forward to a ‘Great Beginning’ with the company, following the launch of their new employee onboarding program.
“The ‘Great Beginnings’ onboarding program replaces our ‘Newbees Orientation Program’. It was built around feedback we received from recently hired employees and their initial experiences with RX, from the interview process through their first six months of employment,” says Ray Rhodes, Director, Learning & Development.
"We want to ensure our prospective employees have a great experience from the moment they first apply for a position and to make sure they feel part of the RX family right away," Ray explains. "We also want to provide a platform for them to develop a deeper understanding of the RX Story over the course of their first year with the company, and to find out from them ‘What’s working for you?’ and ‘What can we do better?’"
The new onboarding program includes the following initiatives:
- New ‘Intro to RX’ video for candidates.
- New ‘Interviewing Essentials’ Training Program for all interviewers.
- Electronic Welcome Letter from their personal Recruiter, with a link to a welcome message from Nancy Walsh, President, North America, and Hervé Sedky, President, Americas.
- Gift box and welcome note from Nancy or Hervé sent to each new employee’s home prior to their start.
- Ambassador program – 30 Ambassadors are available to partner with new employees on their first day to get them acclimatized to their work area and new surroundings.
- Welcome Workshop delivered by HR every other Monday, covering history of RX, organizational chart review, videos of the RX Story and scenes from shows, benefits/culture overview etc.
- New ‘Great Beginnings’ intranet site with refreshed content.
- Quarterly ‘Cultural Orientation’ meetings, including fun group activities and Q&As to dive deeper into what we do at RX and to understand how things are going for our new recruits.