Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of trade and consumer exhibitions with over 460 events in 34 countries, bringing together over 6 million active participants worldwide. We have 2,400 employees in 37 offices around the globe. In Australia, Reed Exhibitions run over 30 events per year.
The Account Manager role offers an opportunity to join an industry leader in the Exhibitions and Events space, a real foot-in-the-door role with an organisation that prides itself on internal movement and low turnover. We’ve focused on creating a positive and fun loving culture and for us finding the right fit for our team is our main goal. So if you’re self-motivated, energetic and driven we’ll take care of the rest with continuous training and support to ensure your success.
With a focus on business-to-business (B2B) selling, our Account Manager will have responsibility for generating leads, developing new business, increasing revenue and ensuring targets are achieved or exceeded whilst demonstrating a commitment to outstanding customer service and delivery.
Your day will be spent in a high performing, energetic and fun phone-based sales environment with the chance to continue building relationships beyond the phone and reach out to customers face-to-face. You will identify customer needs and assist clients in finding real time solutions that add value to their businesses.
- Planning and prioritising personal sales activities and customer/prospecting contact towards achieving sales targets
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction
- Increase awareness of the show and the benefits of attending other relevant shows
- Actively engage in providing customer service to retain clients once a sale is achieved.
Skills & Experience
- An overriding focus on the customer
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience in a B2B sales environment
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Flexibility adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events in a fast paced environment
- Confident and credible telephone manner
- Previous experience in a cold-call environment focused on new business
Join our dynamic team full of passionate people. We may work hard to produce AMAZING shows but we have fun doing it!
You will also have:
- The opportunity to go onsite to our industry leading exhibitions and events
- Remuneration from $65K-$70K base and generous bonus structure
- Training and development opportunities as well as ongoing support to ensure you hit your full potential
- Career progression – we are strong believers in developing great talent and finding opportunities where individuals can grow with us
- Social functions, reward & recognition programs and access to some amazing benefits including corporate health insurance, optical assistance & corporate gym discounts (just to name a few)