Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Job Purpose: Responsible for Business Development initiatives for event and meeting planner professionals (Buyers), including the recruitment of these to IBTM events
Scope: The role of a Business Development Manager specialises in working with high-level event and meeting professionals. They will strive to build new and existing relationships, and take ownership of their market.
Team Structure: IBTM events Buyer team: Portfolio Business Development Manager and Operations Manager, Account Managers and Business Development Managers, Buyer Executives
Always have the Buyers and customers best interests in mind whilst keeping in line with the event strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Buyer Business Development Strategy for your specialist markets (this includes developing our online presence in the industry)
- Build solid relationships with the Events Industry including phone and face to face meetings (travel opportunities)
- Cultivating new and existing relationships with event and meeting professionals
- Grow the IBTM database by 30% YoY with key focus on the Association & Corporate market; including the necessary business development initiatives and costs to achieve these goals
- Achieve, as a team, other buyer targets set for the IBTM Portfolio Events (Asia Pacific, Americas & China) with key focus on IBTM World
- Regular communication with buyers on the telephone, via e-mail and at face-to-face meetings where required
- Reviewing Buyer Data to ensure invite lists for IBTM events are accurate and meet the qualifying criteria set by the event strategy
- Using the database (Certain) to monitor registrations and maintain an accurate database of industry contacts for analysis and future recruitment
- Identify potential Key Industry partnerships to support recruitment
- Attendance to industry events and client meetings to establish new contacts and network with industry professionals
- Delivering an exceptional experience for customers and buyers
- Production and presentation of reports on the recruitment progress and country reports
Skills & Experience
Outstanding commercial awareness, confidence, drive and initiative
- The desire to ensure customer and buyer satisfaction
- Willingness to work as a team and achieve common goals as well as your own
- Exceptional negotiating and social skills:
- Being able to network effectively, meet new people and building relationships with professionals in the field; and
- Being confident and persuasive while networking with industry contacts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
- Communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing, in order to create a clear and communicative environment between the accounts and or the buyers;
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Being able to deal with a diverse group of people , potentially adversarial situations using a calm, polite, tactful, discrete and effective approach
- Organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise and plan effectively:
- Having strong multitasking skills; being organised enough to handle a number of buyers/accounts at the same time; and
- Coping with pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Identifying issues and resolving problems in a timely manner exercising good judgement and critical thinking and
- Being a clear thinker
- Good knowledge and understanding of the European & International Meetings, Events and Incentive Industry
- A proven understanding and commitment to growing the programme through a business development approach.
- Excellent database/IT skills
- Knowledge of social networks and Linkedin SalesNavigator
- Enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively in an international environment.
- A flexible approach to working methods and hours of attendance.