Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on the leading events in the meetings, events and incentive industry?
The role: To work with the Hosted Buyer Team on operational tasks. This is a really broad role covering all aspects of the buyers’ event attendance and encompassing everything from managing hotel allocations and travel to helping them manage their onsite appointments and organising onsite events as well as dealing with their enquiries relating to their visit to our shows.
- Management of post event tours and organisation of onsite events such as dinners, networking events and conferences
- Managing the fulfilment of sponsorship deliverables related to Hosted Buyers
- Management of Hosted Buyer onsite appointment diaries including manipulation using the system, moving appointments and pulling reports
- Contacting meetings & events suppliers on a daily basis via email or phone to confirm the information provided on hosted buyer applications
- Manage a high volume of incoming Hosted Buyer queries in a professional manner by email and phone
- Actively encourage registered Hosted Buyers to fulfil their appointment commitment
- Liaise with official travel partners on Hosted Buyers travel and accommodation arrangements
- Provision of excellent customer service, using a proactive and creative approach
- Contribute to the flawless delivery of the Hosted Buyer Programme in Barcelona
- Administrative duties to support the Hosted Buyer Programme
Skills & Experience
- Good interpersonal, written and telephone communication skills
- Organisation and logical thinking skills
- Excellent database/IT skills, especially Excel and data analysis
- Highly proactive approach to gathering prospects and registrations
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively in an international environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and juggle priorities
- Creativity – developing and proposing solutions to queries and a positive approach to conflict resolution
- An interest in the international events industry
- A flexible approach to working methods, hours of attendance and other duties that maybe required
In return Reed Exhibitions offer a dynamic, agile working environment in the centre of Richmond, a multitude of benefits and excellent training and opportunities for career progression.
About IBTM: We love events! We organise the leading events for event organisers, including our flagship IBTM world in Barcelona as well as events in China, the Americas and Asia. We are passionate about creating amazing experiences that planners can be inspired by and have teams based in the US, Mexico, China and UAE to help deliver global events with a local feel.
Our business is about making face to face connections so we are looking for outgoing, customer centric people to join our hard working team in a busy, dynamic and agile work environment.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Buyer Programme Operations Executive to work on the Hosted Buyer Programme primarily for IBTM World in Barcelona. The Hosted Buyer Team recruit high level meeting and event organisers to attend our events and ensure they have an amazing and productive experience.
Our ideal candidate will be super organised and have excellent attention to detail. The role is really varied so you need to be great at multi-tasking and happy to work on multiple projects at the same time. You must be good on computer systems and databases (we have our own in-house) and fast at picking things up as well as being great with people and customers as we are looking to ensure that our customers feel really valued.