Reed MIDEM is a member of Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading events organizer.
We organize high quality international professional markets that are unmissable events for the key actors of the Real Estate, TV, Music & ESport industries.
Our values, Multicultural, Excellence, and Innovation… are the keys to reach our ambition: being a trusted partner and delivering exceptional experiences to our clients.
Would you like to work in a fast-paced Events environment, and to bring innovative ideas to our TV tradeshows?
We are looking for a Conference Manager
To curate and deliver the conference program for our TV events
More about the job…
You will be responsible for designing and organizing a conference and events program for the MipMarkets shows. This includes:
- Helping to define the strategic direction of MIP Markets programs in order to respond to changes in the international content market across all aspects of the value chain (Creation / Development, Financing, Production, Distribution, …);
- Starting fromthe agreed strategy for each of the MIP Markets, design and draft the detailed program (Conferences and events), making sure it upholds the interests of the shows/sectoral and a geographical balance.
- Identifying, inviting and confirming attendance of high-level speakers, i.e the most influential decision-makers and talents of the global content industry;
- Ensuring that the content strategy is rolled out in a consistent way to with the different editorial teams (editions, press, social media) for effective communication internally and externally ;
- In collaboration with the Sales and Marketing teams, being proactive and innovative in the development of new products / services / events aimed at accelerating business opportunities for MIP Markets participants.
You will constantly monitorindustry trends, in particular to identify potential speakers and to detect new themes, and develop a tailored service offering.
Finally, you will manage a small team ( 1 or 2 people) through setting of objectives, ongoing feedback and providing all the development and support needed.
Skills & Experience
This job may be for you if…
You have :
- a BA honors degree, preferably with a focus on Communication/Digital skills
- at least 5 years’ experience in the Entertainment industry, in a similar job or on Studies, Marketing, Market insights position
- a strong level of English & French, with excellent writing skills
- a good command of Microsoft Office
- excellent interpersonal skills, especially with high-level contacts
- are strategic, with a clear vision on how to drive the strategy to success
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork coupled with management skills (hierarchical and transversal / project)
- Are flexible, able to manage your priorities, anticipate and adapt
- Are creative and innovative