About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Job Purpose: This position will support the Data Protection Officer in ensuring that Reed Exhibitions continues to meet our global privacy obligations.
- Supporting the RX Privacy Office in providing the UK business and (global) show teams high-quality and timely advice on compliance with all aspects of the GDPR, and other applicable privacy legislation;
- Lead on the completion of DPIAs / PIAs and other privacy risk assessments to assess the impact of proposed changes to business processes and agree appropriate mitigating actions with Risk Owners;
- Measuring and tracking privacy compliance activity and communicating privacy status to the UK Board and RX Privacy Office;
- Help to shape initiatives to drive a culture that values and respects personal data; this includes advising on and contributing to the RX Global Privacy and Data Protection Compliance Programme;
- Embedding requirements, processes and standards set by the RX Privacy Office;
- Reviewing and drafting of privacy notices and supplementary notices relevant to specific processing activities;
- Updating of the data inventory and reviewing of data flows;
- Designing, developing and delivering tailored privacy compliance training programmes in conjunction with the RX Privacy Office;
- Assisting in, and review of rights requests and associated processes; and
- Assisting in audit reporting processes.
Skills & Experience
The business is looking for a candidate with extensive data protection knowledge and experience in a commercial environment. Such knowledge and experience should include:
- Extensive working knowledge of the GDPR and e-Privacy Directive with the ability to analyse legislative requirements and relate these to organisational practices and solutions;
- Working knowledge of data protection law in global jurisdictions;
- Deep understanding of online platforms, systems, data and processes;
- Strong ability to engage effectively and create buy-in with all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to provide clear and effective communication and reporting on changes and issues;
- A highly visible champion in the business with a can do attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others;
- Ability to move at pace and use different improvement strategies appropriate to the scope of work;
- Ability to take control and exercise leadership;
- Well organised and efficient, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a global team; and
- Ability to travel as needed
- Responsive and service-oriented
- Organised / Process driven
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative (low ego), collaborative and flexible
- Commercially sensitive
- University degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in German or French would be useful.
- CIPP/E, CIPM or other officially recognised privacy certification a must.