Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The Database Manager will be responsible for managing the data function for Reed Exhibitions Ltd, developing and embedding a data first approach within the business. You will be working with the in-house technology teams to develop and manage a data governance program and to assist with data segmentation and development strategies.
- Setting up and managing data governance, QA, security, enhancement and cleansing programs.
- Identifying data issues (within UKDW and GBS), raising tickets and working with the relevant teams (GBS or local) to find solutions to fix them
- Analysing the current data set business wide and at an individual show level and advising on data strategies including build, list sourcing, develop and cleanse
- Maintaining the integrity of the UK Datawarehouse and identifying new data sources to integrate assisting in the design, implementation and testing of the integration.
- Manage and optimise the data collection process, including GDPR compliance and the data aspects of the matchmaking program
- Assist insights and the business in their development reports and visualisations.
- Manage the data team guiding them on segmentation strategies, data improvements and developments.
- Managing the data segmentation and ad hoc analysis for campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management and team management skills.
Skills & Experience
- Data Warehousing & Kimball Methodologies
- Microsoft BI Technologies SQL Server
- T-SQL writing, esp. SQLs and Stored Procedures
- Building and reviewing SSIS Packages
- SSMS, SSIS, & SSDT Tools
- Net/Visual C# Programming
- SSAS & SSRS Tools
- Restful/SOA based Web Services
- Desired Technical Skills
- Tableau Server
- Oracle BI Technologies
- A service driven, highly motivated individual who can work well under pressure, able to prioritise own workload and work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Good understanding of statistics and related reporting.
- Experience of working with external and internal suppliers.
- Understanding of sales and marketing processes, including research.
- Experience in the exhibition industry would be an advantage.