Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
In this technological age, everyone and everything is connected. And with this connectivity comes risk. Cybercriminals want data and they know all the tricks and tactics to get it.
Infosecurity Group events are where the information and cybersecurity community meets to get the tools,tech and knowledge it needs to protect people and businesses from cyber-attacks. It is a dynamic and innovative sector, with professionals striving to keep up with the evolving threats and risks. Do you want to be part of it?
As an Event Manager for Infosecurity North America you will be responsible for delivering our New York based expo and conference. The event is our latest launch in the Infosecurity Group and will suit someone has experience in events and developing products, coupled with commercial acumen and networking skills. Our purpose is to delight our customers by providing unrivalled new business, learning and networking opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, collaborative, customer-centric team and to play a key role in the further development and growth of a well-known and popular brand in a booming and vibrant industry.
This role would suit someone with experience in events and in particular launches and new business development. It will appeal to your entrepreneurial spirit but with the support of a solid infrastructure behind you. Desirable is an interest in Information and Cyber Security but not essential.
- Team Structure: Event Manager, Senior Event Manager, Portfolio Director
- Job Purpose: Manage the annual Infosecurity North America Expo delivering growth across all metrics, taking responsibility for delivering: customer value, revenue growth and operational excellence.
- Managing the event through the annual cycle of sales, marketing, operations and partner relations.
- You’ll be responsible for hands on strategic planning and budgeting to achieve year-on-year growth in revenue and profit
- Use customer insight to drive innovation and deliver products and experiences that delight our customers
- Lead and motivate an international team of sales, marketing, digital, administration, operations and customer service professionals
- Collaborate with external organisations to ensure we deliver an unrivalled experience for our target audiences
- Embrace digital technology to help our audiences connect and communicate
- Understand our key challenges and develop a winning strategy
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for talented, curious and collaborative practitioners; someone excited about challenging the way we do things and focused on delighting our customers.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven track record of successful line management and team motivation
- Record of success in product & brand management
- Several years’ experience in a commercial environment in brand management and/or product management focused role/s with experience of Profit and Loss management
- Innovator who can adjust to and drive change
- Track record in setting and achieving high-level targets
- Champion of collaboration with a proven track record of building communities and networks to drive growth, profit and customer satisfaction
- Market and sector understanding, sufficient to have a dialogue with, and gain the respect of customers, trade bodies, sales and marketing staff.
- Experienced at using enabling technology including data, digital and mobile to deliver improved customer experience
- High level of emotional intelligence and organisational awareness
- Strategic, with a clear vision on how to drive success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Awareness of building and managing teams within a matrix team structure