Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant with a strong commercial background to work for Reed Exhibitions UK. As part of a busy 30 strong finance team, you will be responsible for managing two Assistant Financial Accountants and be a key support to the Head of Financial Reporting.
The role focuses on:
- compliance with SOX controls;
- foreign currency reporting andforecasting;
- has responsibilities for indirect tax compliance;
- supports the payroll and bank functions; and
- working on any aspect of financial accounts.
- Currency cash flow forecasting and booking forward contracts;·
- Bi-annual mark to market calculations;
- Preparing and booking of monthly foreign exchange;
- Administration and reconciliation for Exhibitor Indemnity arrangements·
- Production of annual insurance return;
- Liaising with stakeholders including external advisors, government bodies and auditors on VAT issues;
- Providing VAT tax advice to non-finance staff;
- Providing cover for other members of the Financial Accounts team, including payroll;
- Assisting with production of the Statutory Accounts;
- Supporting other members of the Finance team with ad-hoc projects
Skills & Experience
This position requires a professional person who can forge relationships and can demonstrate:
- Must be qualified in one of the 3 main accountancy bodies (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Must have a strong commercial background from an organisation of similar size to our UK business
- You will have experience of a complex financial environment
- Must have practical experience of a wide range of financial accounts work
- A drive for accuracy and completeness is essential·
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally coupled with the confidence to raise issues of concern and, where appropriate, shows the initiative to deal with them
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel.
- Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage.