Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We love events! Our business is about making face-to-face connections so we are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, customer centric sales executive to join our hard working and high performing team in a busy, and dynamic work environment. You will be working on the flagship Infosecurity Europe & North America event and Infosecurity Magazine. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new business, managing and upselling existing accounts for the event, selling the wider Infosecurity Magazine digital product portfolio including webinars, virtual events etc. as well as promoting other opportunities offered by the Infosecurity portfolio team.
- Develop an understanding of the Information Security market, its vendors and needs.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, understanding their businesses and marketing needs, and be seen as part of the industry.
- Ability to sell senior level prospects and customers, keeping a good balance between face-to-face and telephone selling to achieve new business and increase revenues from existing customers.
- Floor plan management and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Head of Sales
- Effective management of CRM Campaigns across multiple events.
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Head of Sales and Exhibition Manager to budget accordingly.
- Sell exhibition space and digital opportunities to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face where required
- Attend Reed Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to deliver the sales plan.
- Achieve and surpass individual revenue targets across the group
Skills & Experience
- Proven and successful track record in a relevant sales environment, preferably in the B2B exhibition industry
- Effective telephone sales ability at a senior level
- Experience in consultative selling, maximising revenue from existing customers demonstrating innovation and creativity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- A self-motivated individual with a determined, mature approach and prepared to go that extra mile to achieve/exceed sales targets