Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We build matching services to connect Exhibitors and Buyers, through search recommendations. The lead/senior software engineer works as part of a highly motivated, collaborative, enthusiastic, distributed cross-functional team. Along with the Product Owner and Data Scientist, you identify new matching algorithms to improve matching, create new services, implement A/B tests, understand the data and iterate and deploy winning experiences in production.
You are responsible for adding value and creating business impacts for Reed Exhibitions in the following areas:
- Product Leadership: The focus is on delivering products and services on time and above customer expectations, understanding lifetime value concepts, being close to the customer and creating impacts
- Excellence: The focus is on simplifying, innovation, clean design, efficiency, streamlined operations, delivery, high quality, reliable, secure solutions and long term sustainment.
- Teamwork: The focus is on collaboration, communication, support, being SMEs, continuous improvement and having a collective shared responsibility for solutions and delivering outcomes.
- Problem solving: The focus is on having a questioning mind-set, utilising systems thinking that enjoys investigating, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results
Skills & Experience
- Senior Developer/Tech Lead experience, involved in the full end-to-end lifecycle, working in cross-functional teams in an agile environments
- Able to demonstrate building confidence through deep knowledge, being collaborative and customer focused
- A polyglot, expert in c#, confident to develop the full stack from through multiple application tiers
- A proven track record of developing well instrumented loosely coupled solutions that are secure, scalable, fault tolerant, robust and reliable.
- Experience with software performance optimization and knowledgeable of concurrent programming
- Solid experience developing either large scale search and/or recommendation engine systems
- At ease with troubleshooting in complex environments
- Demonstrable skills in maintaining and improving CI/CD workflow processes
- Cloud and network aware with AWS Experience
- You actively participate in the development community.
You will have experience in many of the following technologies and practices, or equivalent and be ready to learn where gaps exist.
- Agility: Scrum, XP, Pair programming
- Design: SOLID Principles, KISS, YAGANI, Design patterns, Domain Modelling, DDD, CQRS, Event Driven Architectures, micro-services and message Queues
- Testing: Continuous Testing, TDD (XUnit/NUnit), BDD, Logging (Splunk), Integration Tests, Performance Testing (Gatling)
- Software Factory: Git (Bitbucket), Build Orchestration (Bamboo), Artefact Repositories (Proget/Nexus), Sonaqube, powershell, green-blue deployments
- Cloud: AWS, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloudformation
- Data: Elastic Search, Algolia, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, ETL, PowerBI