Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of trade and consumer exhibitions with over 460 events in 34 countries, bringing together over 6 million active participants worldwide. We have 2,400 employees in 37 offices around the globe. In Australia, Reed Exhibitions run over 30 events per year.
We support a creative open and fun culture without exception. Careers with us are built on passion and the unwavering desire to make all the things we do BETTER. This isn't just about the status quo, meeting deadlines, or hitting targets – you need to do that too – but this is absolutely about delivering the best for our customers
As a result of a recent move, we are looking for a Sales driven Individual, to join us as a Strategic Account Manager. This role will focus on the growth of Key client portfolio and in line with the interest to promote and develop core sales effectiveness within the company. This role will also be responsible for managing, developing and retaining both Top & Strategic Accounts across the portfolio, maximising their participation and spend by understanding and communicating unique value propositions tailored to each specific Account and by delivering appropriate marketing/operational solutions to add value to their business.
This is a rewarding position that requires a driven professional to bring excellence and “best in class” Strategic account management services, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Create, implement and monitor Account Development Plans for each client, ensuring a deep understanding of their business needs, budgets, goals/objectives, decision makers, buying cycles etc
- Strengthen relationships with Top Accounts and establish relationships with Strategic Account decision makers through regular contact, conducting face to face visits/presentations and deep/rich phone conversations
- Maintain a high level of current knowledge of the portfolio, focusing on opportunities and benefits for Top/Strategic Accounts to increase spend with the portfolio
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop strategies to combat competitive entry into Strategic Accounts
- Lead and cultivate the new business team through effective sales practice and clear direction.
- Produce update reports on your specified Accounts for the Sales Manager, Exhibition Director or Sales Director as and when necessary
- As part of this role you are required to travel to any exhibition or conference that is part of your portfolio
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Key Account selling techniques
- Track record in both business development of new accounts and retention of existing accounts
- Ability to work within set deadlines and to achieve targets and budgets
- Negotiation skills to achieve win-win situations
- Thorough understanding of the Industrial sales strategies and selling process
- Commercial awareness
Join our dynamic team full of passionate people. We may work hard to produce AMAZING shows but we have fun doing it!
You will also have:
- The opportunity to go onsite to our industry leading exhibitions and events
- Competitive remuneration and incentive structure with a base salary between $75K - $85K – depending on skills and experience
- Training and development opportunities as well as ongoing support to ensure you hit your full potential
- Career progression – we are strong believers in developing great talent and finding opportunities where individuals can grow with us
- Social functions, reward & recognition programs and access to some amazing benefits including corporate health insurance, optical assistance & corporate gym discounts (just to name a few)
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in this role.